5 Movers in Winnipeg that you can trust.
Few things in life are as stressful as moving – whether it is a residential home, an office or a storage locker, packing everything you own in a logical, safe and organized way is always difficult (and that’s if everything goes according to plan). A good moving company in Winnipeg who offers a fair price, treats your belongings with care and respect and works efficiently is absolutely essential to your move being successful. But, how do you find one? The internet contains a labyrinth of review sites all providing conflicting reports on the quality or lack of quality for the various moving companies, making it very difficult to separate the good from the bad. At MovingWaldo we want to help and guide people through this maze, which is why we collated information about the five best movers in Winnipeg – presenting an easy comparison that allows you to see clearly.
Two Small Men with Big Hearts is one of Canada’s largest moving companies and has more than 250 dedicated employees who will facilitate your move for you. They are fully BBB compliant and have achieved an excellent Google rating of 4.6, ensuring that it is an excellent choice for anyone who wants to move with an efficient moving company in Edmonton.
- Price – On demand / pricing based on weight.
- Areas Covered – Winnipeg and National
- Better Business Bureau rating – A- (Accredited since 2019)
- In business since – 2010
Reviews of Two Small Men with Big Hearts
- Google reviews: 4.6 stars based on 243+ reviews (national)
Services offered by Two Small Men with Big Hearts
Short Line Moving Solutions is a Winnipeg moving company that is imbedded within the local community. It has been in operation since 2014 and offers a variety of moving services, including – residential moves, office moves and storage services. It has garnered a good reputation in the time, gaining accreditation from the BBB and earning a rating of 4.6 on Google.
- Pricing – On demand / pricing based on weight.
- Areas Covered –Downtown communities, Tuxedo, St. James, Charleswood, St. Vital, St. Boniface, Wolseley, Fort Rouge, Transcona, Garden City & East, West and North Kildonan.
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (Accredited since 2017) What is this?
- In business since – 2014
Reviews of Short Line Moving Solutions
- Google reviews: 4.6 stars based on 30+ reviews
- HomeStars reviews: 9.9/10 based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.85/5 based on 20 reviews
Services offered by Short Line Moving Solutions
- Residential Moves
- Office Moves
- Full-Service Moving
- Local Movers
- Storage Services
3. Quick Transfers ltd
Quick Transfers Ltd. has operated in Winnipeg since 1959 and has had one of the Mueller family at its head for half a century. It offers a variety of services, including – packing, unpacking, storage and delivery, in Winnipeg, the wider Canada area, the United States and further afield (the company has specific links in Germany and many of the staff speak German). It has a long record of proven results – garnering an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and an average rating of 4.5 on Google. It is also a member of the Canadian Movers Association, ensuring that it is a business that you can trust.
- Pricing – Available on demand
- Areas Covered – Canada and International
- Better Business Bureau rating –A+ (Accredited since 2000) What is this?
- In business since – 1959
Reviews of Quick Transfers
- Google reviews: 4.5 stars based on 25+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.75 out of 5 based on 10+ votes
Services offered by Quick Transfers
- Packing Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. carefully pack your household items, using wrapping and boxes to ensure that they are safe, before loading them aboard their well-designed truck.
- Storage Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. will store your precious belongings in their large warehouse for as long or as short a period of time as you need.
- Unpacking Service – Quick Transfers Ltd. unpack your belongings, removing all the packing materials and then leaving the smaller items for you to put in the correct place.
4. Sunny Movers in Winnipeg
Sunny Movers is a family run moving company that is a recent entrant to the Winnipeg market. That hasn’t stopped it from quickly earning an excellent reputation, thanks to it’s A+ rating on the BBB and excellent online reviews on both Google and Facebook. If you are looking for a moving company that is keen to impress, then Sunny movers may be the perfect one for you.
- Price – On demand
- Areas Covered –Winnipeg and the surrounding area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+ (accredited since 2018)
- In business since – 2016
Reviews of Sunny Movers
- Google reviews: 5 stars based on 20+ reviews
- Facebook reviews: 4.5/5 based on 25+ reviews
Services offered by Sunny Movers
- Local Moves
- Residential Moves
- Specialty items
BigSteelBox is a Canadian-owned and operated container moving and storage company that makes moving and storage feel better! They can move you across town, or across Canada. Their local moving price includes the 1-month rental of a 20′ BigSteelBox, so you can pack at your pace, and all movements of the container. Plus, if you need storage in between homes that’s no problem because storage is built right into their moving service and easy to add on.
From their storage facility in Winnipeg, they’re able to provide moving services and portable storage container rentals and sales to residential and business customers in Winnipeg, and several cities and towns, including Brandon and Kenora, ON. Whether you need secure storage at home or on the job site, or you’re moving to a new home, BigSteelBox can help.
- Price – $399 * Price includes the 1-month rental of a 20′ BigSteelBox, empty delivery, movement of the container to your new home, and empty pick up. Price is subject to change without notice and does not include taxes. Price is based on moves within the local service area of this city only. Additional charges may apply to freight for customers outside the local service area.
- Areas Covered – Winnipeg and the surrounding area
- Better Business Bureau rating – A+
- In business since – 1999
Is a Moving Container the right choice for my move ?
- I have an available parking space or equivalent to put the Moving Container for at least a few days at each location.
- I am aware that a BigSteelBox is best for single-family homes.
- I understand it will offer me the flexibility to pack and load at my pace and leisure.
If yes, a Moving Container is a great option for you!
- Multiple locations across Canada
- Offers storage in between homes
- Moving containers are extremely secure
- Take your time packing
- Limited service for condo/apartment buildings
- Packing/loading service an additional cost
Reviews of BigSteelBox in Winnipeg
- Google reviews: 4.9 stars based on 16 reviews
Services offered by BigSteelBox in Winnipeg
- Local Moving
- Long Distance Moving
- Commercial Moving & Storage
- Container Moving
- Storage at Your Home
- Storage at Our Location
- Boxes and Packing Supplies
- Packing Services
- Free Quotes
Moving is often synonymous of stress, long administrative tasks and a significant waste of time and money. MovingWaldo helps you solve all these problems in just a few clicks! After some shameless self-promotion, we invite you to discover our free moving tools available to all.
- Update accounts
- Connect Internet, TV and Phone.
- Secure home and auto insurance
- Find resources, checklists and more.
We bring together more than 700 organizations across Canada with a single and simplified form.
Prices, availability, ratings and reviews may all vary over time. MovingWaldo does its best to provide accurate data and information, but cannot be held responsible for any information regarding the companies featured in this article. Unless noted otherwise, MovingWaldo is not taking part in any partnership with the above companies.
What’s the BBB? BBB stands for Better Business Bureau and is a North-American organisation whose mission is to help buyers and sellers trust each other. Its rating is based on the number of complaints that a company may receive and how the company handles these complaints. We try to always recommend companies that have A- or higher ratings.
What’s CAM? CAM stands for Canadian Association of Movers. It’s Canada’s only trade association for movers whose goal is to help its members evolve in the industry, while setting a standard of ethics and practices for moving companies. While it is a great way to gain credibility, not all moving companies are part of CAM.
Share this article on social media
Relevant for your move
Best 5 Moving Truck Rental Alternatives to U-Haul in Winnipeg We’ve all heard of U-Haul. But what if you’re wanting an alternative truck rental company in the Winnipeg area? Today, we’re going to look at some
Need help moving?
Check out MovingWaldo’s free moving platform and find everything your need for your move. No sign up required!